This all happened sometime in July of 2009 according to the age of the picture files on my computer. Why did I wait 5 years to post this? I don't know.
Perhaps saying "rebuild the deck" is more accurate. There already was a deck, but it only fit about 6 people. This project was Jeff and C's idea, they just wanted to bring me in for my seemingly extensive experience with DIY projects and for me to help design it and make it safe. At least safe according to the Black and Decker: How to Build a Deck book that C already owned for some unknowable and likely preposterous reason.
|This teeny tiny wobbly deck had to go!|
|The site is ready for a new deck! Look, we even installed safety rails on the landing.|
|Jeff and C installing a main post in the concrete footer.|
|After we got the footers and posts in, we installed our main supports.|
|Next, we started framing everything else in. I particularly like that we got to build around the Persimmon Tree.|
|Framing for the triangular section was particularly hard/annoying.|
|Bam! Finished deck. The wood floor and this deck are my best additions to the JS I think. As long as it hasn't fallen over yet and hurt someone that is. If so... I had nothing to do with this deck.|